Chances are, you’re going to spend some money this month. Bills aside, many of us have a little extra to spend. So, if you knew that your money could do more than just buy stuff, would you spend it differently?
1. This sustainable goods company provides a fair wage for women in Cambodia. You can read more about why I love them here. And until Sunday, if you spend $50 (not hard to do!) on the Website, you can get $10 off your purchase with the code “AutumnSale” at checkout. You can be sure that your purchase empowers women, provides a living for a family and has been responsibly made.
2. This filmmaker has a story to tell about trafficking in the U.S. but he needs our help to produce the film. Check out the giving options, which range from $15 to $500, and learn more about the project.
3. If you’re ready for a long-term commitment, consider sponsoring a child. I wholeheartedly embrace the work of Compassion International, and this month they are aiming to find sponsors for more than 3,000 children. And it’s a little more than a dollar a day.
4. For about a dollar a day, you can also be part of a team that rescues women and children from slavery. If you join one of the teams with a monthly commitment, the staff at The Exodus Road will provide you exclusive updates on real-life rescue happening in Southeast Asia.
5. Okay, so I know money is tight, too, and there are a TON of worthy causes out there. But you can also give any extra stuff you have sitting around the house. One organization that uses this giving method is Hope International. Check it out here. You can donate your stuff. Another company sells it and the proceeds benefit Hope, which offers small loans to entrepreneurs in impoverished countries, helping them learn financial responsibility while maintaining their dignity and acknowledging their creativity. It’s un-charity, as they call it.
Not an exhaustive list by any means, but if you’re looking to make a difference with your dollars, these are some quality options. Feel free to add more in the comments section!