- Jeanette Windle, author of Veiled Freedom, Freedom’s Stand and Congo Dawn, among others.
- Kathi Macias, author of the Freedom series, which focused on sex trafficking, and the Extreme Devotion series, among others.
- Chris Fabry, author of Borders of the Heart, a challenging look at immigration, and Not in the Heart, a story of sacrificial love.
- Christa Allan, author of The Edge of Grace, a story of unconditional love when a family member announces he’s gay.
- Matt Mikalatos, author of Night of the Living Dead Christian and My Imaginary Jesus, two books that made me laugh and cry, and that hit a little too close to home.
I’m sure I could add others, but novels these authors have written have gone beyond storytelling to challenge stereotypes or draw attention to injustice.
Who would you add to the list?